People often want to look good so they can feel good. If you’re looking for aesthetic services that can bring you smoother, brighter skin, microdermabrasion may be the answer you’ve been searching for. Recently, it has gained popularity as a non-invasive treatment.
Here, we will discuss dermabrasion and how it can help you achieve the desired skin.
What is Microdermabrasion?
There are many non-surgical aesthetic procedures for skin rejuvenation. One of them is microdermabrasion. It works by gentle exfoliation of the outermost layer of the skin. Post-treatment can stimulate cell renewal since it removes dead skin cells and impurities. It is suitable for all skin types and can address the following skin issues:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Enlarged pores
- Mild acne scarring
- Sun damage and age spots
How Does Microdermabrasion Work?
A handheld device is used for a microdermabrasion treatment. This exfoliating device sprays a substance or “polishes” the top layer of the skin. It also has a vacuum suction portion that removes the exfoliated cells and enhances circulation to the area. This promotes collagen and elastin production.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion offers numerous benefits, such as:
- Improved skin texture and tone
- Reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimize pore size
- Enhanced collagen and elastin production
- Increased absorption of skincare products
What to Expect During and After a Microdermabrasion Treatment
The duration of treatment typically lasts around 30 to 60 minutes. But this depends on the treatment area. You can expect the following during or after the procedure:
- Cleansing of your skin and application of a numbing cream for added comfort.
- You may feel a mild scratching or sandpaper-like sensation during the treatment as the device exfoliates your skin.
- Your skin may appear slightly pink and feel tight or dry, but these side effects should subside within a few hours.
- Applying sunscreen and avoiding direct sun exposure for a few days following the procedure is crucial, as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun.
Microdermabrasion: Is It Right for You?
Microdermabrasion is an excellent option for individuals seeking a gentle, non-invasive treatment to improve their skin’s overall appearance. It’s suitable for most skin types, although it may not be recommended for those with severe acne, rosacea, or other inflammatory skin conditions. Always consult a qualified aesthetic professional to determine if microdermabrasion is right.
Microdermabrasion is a fantastic treatment option for those seeking smoother, brighter skin. If you’re ready to experience the magic of microdermabrasion, consult a qualified aesthetic professional who can guide you on your journey to radiant, rejuvenated skin.
If you are a medical professional who wants to get training and certification on microdermabrasion, look for a qualified and accredited training institution. Replenish MD Training is among the top-brass aesthetic institutions in Houston that you can go to. We have a team of experts who will work with you so you can jumpstart your career in aesthetics.