As we age, the delicate skin around our eyes shows the first signs of aging – under-eye wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet. Many creams, serums, and treatments can help reduce these signs of aging. But micro-needling is becoming more common because it works well and doesn’t hurt the skin. This blog will explain micro-needling, how it works, and whether it is safe for under-eye wrinkles.
What is Micro-Needling Under the Eyes?
Micro-needling is also called collagen induction therapy. This process encourages the body to make collagen and elastin, two proteins that give skin strength and elasticity. When micro-needling is performed under the eyes, it can help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles.
How Does Micro Needling Work Under the Eyes?
Micro-needling is a simple procedure that a trained professional can perform. Here’s how it works:
- Numbing cream is applied to the area to minimize discomfort during the procedure.
- A small handheld device with tiny needles creates micro-injuries in the skin.
- These slight injuries start with the body’s healing process and cause collagen and elastin production.
- The new collagen and elastin assist with filling in wrinkles and lines, making the skin look fuller and less like it has dark bags under the eyes.
Is Micro Needling Safe Under the Eyes?
Micro-needling under the eyes is generally safe by a trained and licensed professional. However, as with any cosmetic procedure, there are some risks and potential side effects to consider, such as:
- Temporary redness, swelling, and bruising around the treated area.
- Infection if the skin is not properly sterilized before the procedure.
- Increased sensitivity to the sun, so it is essential to wear sunscreen and avoid direct sunlight after the procedure.
It is also important to note that micro needling is not recommended for those with certain skin conditions, such as eczema or rosacea.
Micro-needling is an effective and non-invasive procedure that can help reduce under-eye wrinkles, fine lines, and dark circles. However, it is essential to consult with a licensed professional before the procedure to ensure it is right for you.
At Replenish MD, we offer a range of aesthetic procedures, including micro-needling, performed by trained and licensed professionals. Contact us today to book an appointment and take the first step toward a more youthful and vibrant appearance!