Dermal fillers are a popular cosmetic procedure for those who want to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin. However, one of the common questions that people have is when they can resume their normal activities after the procedure.
In this blog, we’ll explore some of the most common questions. We will also provide valuable tips on returning to normal activities after dermal fillers.
When Can I Go Back to Work After Dermal Filler Injections?
One of the most common concerns people have after getting dermal fillers is when they can return to work. You can return to work the same day or the next day after the procedure as long as you feel comfortable and confident.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when returning to work after dermal filler injections:
- Apply ice packs to the treated areas to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Avoid strenuous activity or exercise for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Consider taking over-the-counter pain medication if you experience any discomfort.
- Avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours after the procedure, as this can increase the risk of infection.
How Soon Can I Exercise After Getting Dermal Fillers?
Another common question people have after getting dermal fillers is when they can start exercising again. Avoiding strenuous activity or exercising for at least 24 hours after the procedure is essential. You can begin exercising again after a few days.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when exercising after dermal filler injections:
- Start with light exercise and increase your intensity over time.
- Avoid high-impact activities that can cause your face to move around too much.
- Be careful when doing exercises that involve bending forward. This includes yoga poses, which can increase blood flow to the face and cause bruising or swelling.
Can I Go Out in the Sun After Getting Dermal Fillers?
While it’s generally safe to go out in the sun after getting dermal fillers, protecting your skin from harmful UV rays is essential. This is especially true in the days and weeks following the procedure, as your skin may be more sensitive and prone to sunburn.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when going out in the sun after dermal filler injections:
- Wear broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to protect your face and eyes from the sun.
- Avoid spending too much time in direct sunlight, especially during the peak hours of 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Consider using a sunshade or umbrella if you will be outside for an extended period.
Following the proper aftercare guidelines can be straightforward to return to normal activities after dermal fillers. Keeping these tips in mind can help ensure a safe and successful recovery and return to your daily routine.
Always consult your healthcare provider for any concerns or questions about recovery. Replenish MD is a health and wellness organization committed to offering high-quality aesthetic services. We have trained staff and certified personnel able to administer dermal fillers. We will talk to you about the aftercare and even do a follow-up. Book an appointment today!