Skin sagging under the chin is a common aesthetic concern for many people. It causes your neck and jawline to appear ill-defined. Thus, making you look older than you are.
While it may not be something you necessarily want to talk about openly, it’s important to understand what is causing this problem in order to properly deal with it.
What Causes Double Chin?
Double chin occurs when excess fat accumulates beneath the skin of the chin and neck area. It can due to the following:
- Age-related changes that cause facial muscles around them to weaken over time.
- Genetic factors – which you generally don’t have any control over with
- Weight gain or rapid weight loss
- Lifestyle choices like cigarette smoking, which generally affects collagen synthesis. This further leads to skin laxity on the lower face and neck.
- Posture – according to an article, posture can also contribute to developing a double chin.
- Poor nutrition (poor food choices) more likely result in accumulation of fat in the neck area.
- Dehydration and lack of exercise
- Lack of sleep
- No skincare routine
So if you want to prevent double chin from occurring, you simply need to do the opposite of what generally causes it to happen in the first place.
Why Does Chin & Neck Skin Change So Fast?
The chin and neck skin areas have relatively thinner skin than other more exposed skin. Therefore, it is particularly prone to change due to a number of factors, which we have tackled above. The factors mentioned earlier that cause double chin are the same factors that make the changes in our skin occurring fast. The factors are mainly the catalyst toward the development of this unsightly double chin.
As we age our collagen production decreases, which leads to sagging skin not only around the chin but all over the body.
How Can I Tighten My Double Chin Without Surgery?
Tightening your double chin without surgery is possible. And with the right lifestyle choices, it can be done effectively.
1. Maintain a healthy weight. We mentioned that weight gain causes the skin around the neck and chin area to stretch and be deposited with fat. This contributes to the ill-defined contour of the face, which becomes unsightly. By maintaining a healthy weight, you keep fat deposits in check as well.
2. Regular exercise such as walking or running will also help increase muscle tone throughout the body. However, regular exercising can also help you maintain your weight.
3. Invest in good quality skin care products like moisturizers, which contain peptides. It encourages collagen production as well as keeping the skin well-hydrated and plumped up.
4. Protect your skin from direct sunlight. Wearing SPF 30 or better before going out under the sun can help you maintain the integrity of your skin. Sun damage brought about by UV rays can accelerate aging, which also hastens the fat deposits in unwanted areas of the body. This results in a double chin and other problems like flabby stomach area.
5. Consider undergoing non-surgical therapies. These treatments may include the following:
- Radiofrequency (RF) therapy – uses heat energy pulses
- Dermal fillers – this helps in filling out hollow spaces, which make the contour even more ill-defined.
- Cryolipolysis – it is a new technology in aesthetics that is known as “coolsculpting”, which uses cold temperatures to freeze away excess fat.
Regardless of what you choose as a method of skin tightening treatment, it is always important to consult an experienced aesthetic professional. The expert can help craft a personalized plan, designed only to help you. This is because there is no one-size-fits-all solution to aesthetic problems.
How to Choose an Aesthetic Professional to Treat Your Double Chin Without Surgery?
When it comes to treating double chins without surgery, you want to make sure that you are working with an experienced and qualified aesthetic professional. The keywords here are “experienced” and “qualified”. This means that the professional should have appropriate training and certification.
The importance of this lies in the fact that every treatment requires skill and knowledge so you can achieve your personalized and desired results.
1. Research potential aesthetic professionals in your area
2. Check their background including the following:
- Reviews from other legitimate clients
- Before and after photos
3. Make sure they have been trained and certified from accredited institutions
4. Make a shortlist of three and work your way from there
Once you have made your decision of who to go for, book an appointment and outright discuss your expectations or concerns regarding your chosen treatment.
In conclusion, reducing double chins without surgery is possible with the right lifestyle choices and professional guidance.
If needed, seek out aesthetic professionals who specialize in this area to get personalized advice and treatments tailored to your individual needs. With dedication, discipline and proper care it’s possible to achieve tighter looking skin around your neck & jawline so don’t wait any longer.
If you are a medical professional who wants to expand your horizon in aesthetics, make sure that you get trained and certified only from accredited institutions. ReplenishMD Training can help you with our robust training program that has been accredited by the proper authorities. We value your time, effort, and money. Hence, we put forth our very own effort into the equation as well. For more information, visit our website today!